Saturday, December 01, 2007

Finished the lumberjack throw I've been working on..

I'm not good at takin' photos, particularly in indoor lighting, but here's an attempt at a shot:



Eeevil Halvah-cat (she's in a mood today) and messy writing desk in the background...

I'm relatively pleased with how the throw came out, though I missed some boo-boos along the way, and the border is pretty lopsided in places. It's for my new nephew, Bertie, and I wanted something he could use even after the baby stage. This is nicely masculine, I think! I may try it again with different colors. If I could find some grey, I think a black/white/grey combo could be very nice. However, it appears I'm the only person in the world who likes grey yarn. I haven't been able to find it at Michael's or Jo-Ann's here, at least not last time I checked.

2 comments:

Duffy Moon said...

You need to shop for yarn in Ohio. Red and Grey are perennial best-sellers, and always well-stocked here in the Buckeye state.

I'm not a knitter myself, but I know this because Mrs. Moon is a sometime-frequenter of yarn shops.

Elizabeth H. said...

Maybe it's the grey Pacific Northwestern skies that keep the local stores from stocking grey... :-\ I think I'll be mail-ordering some. In the meantime, I'm working on a sunshine yellow blankie for my littlest niece.

Yellow we have in every possible shade!