Friday, May 01, 2009

We're just cool like that

Couple of days ago I was driving home from work, just minding my own business, when I was startled by someone laying on their horn right next to me. I looked over to see what was going on, and it was a guy in a Corolla just like mine, but green. He pointed exaggeratedly at my car a few times and gave me a huge grin and a big thumbs up. I was too startled to do much more than wave before he had zoomed on ahead.

Corolla guy, if you're out there, a big honk back. 'Cause we Corolla people, we're way cooler than people give us credit for.

3 comments:

Duffy Moon said...

My wife and I used to routinely give thumbs-up gestures to people we passed driving Previas. I think maybe I wouldn't so much if I was driving something as popular and frequently-seen as a Corolla or a Civic or the like. But Previas are getting pretty rare.

I loved that van.

Elizabeth H. said...

I've only known a few people who had Previas, and they all loved 'em.

See, I could see giving the thumbs up to a rareish vehicle. But...let's face it, if there had been a Corolla in that Cars movie, it would have been something like an accountant: dependable, efficient, rather dull. I'm a big fan of dependable and dull where automobiles are concerned...but I didn't know we had an in-crowd. ;-)

Strikethru said...

That is hilarious! What a nut. I drive a kind of embarrassing hybrid suburban assault vehicle beloved by posturing liberal politicians, and so those of us who drive them kind of just shrug in embarrassment when we encounter one another.