Wednesday, October 30, 2013

NaNoNoNoNoNoNo Not Ready!

So, let's see...locally, we have about 36 hours to go until the NaNoWriMo madness begins. Where do I stand?

  • I did a lot of *claiming* to plan back in September.

  • I did some actual *attempted* planning in October.

  • I got as far as boldly labeling a pocket notebook "NaNoWriMo 2013" in anticipation of using it for ideas and notes.

  • My current plot goes something like this: What if? Then something. And bam, SOMETHING!

In other words, I got nothin'. I am tempted to scrap my vague idea and rewrite an old idea instead.

But hey, NaNoWriMo is all about embracing your inner pantser, right? Right??


NaNoNotebook, plus the rest of my current pocket notebooks: the Field Notes is for NaNo, the Scout Book below it is a logbook of sorts with brief notes on each day, the Moleskine cahier below that is for to-dos, and my brain-dump notebook is on the bottom.

6 comments:

mpclemens said...

Pants! Pants! Pants! Pants!

Richard P said...

I'm totally winging it.

(The captcha says "rbatty." Weird echo of Chris Baty!)

Elizabeth H. said...

Or an notification that I'm a fruitcake. "She are batty."

Elizabeth H. said...

And hoorah for winging it!

Ted said...

yuh, it suddenly got crazy busy at work, not gonna be able to make it to the kickoff party, but I have a machine out on the patio and I'm gonna make a stab at it anyway tonight.

Elizabeth H. said...

I'm not a midnight kind of gal, but I'm planning to go to bed early in order to get up before dawn to scribble away for an hour or hour and a half before work. Getting coffee supplies set up ahead of time!