Tuesday, June 09, 2009

JuST making excuses

I didn't write yesterday and haven't written much today because I JuST got braces. And had four teeth out. I've got crowding issues that were starting to catch up with me, and it was either get braces or have on-going problems that would likely cost at least as much...so I chose the braces.

I feel like a total dork, not to mention like I have the front end of a large automobile caught in my teeth. And I feel like I'm going to be living as an awkward adolescent *again* for two years in my early thirties.

On the other hand, all that angst is sure to generate some writing ideas, right?

My initial reaction to my friend saying I should really take a before picture showing all my teeth...

OK, so I can *sort* of smile, too.

I still feel like a dork. And man, that's a lot of metal.

6 comments:

Mike Speegle said...

I'm less shocked about the braces than I am about you wearing a sweater in June.

Strikethru said...

Well, this *is* the Northwest, Speegle (LFP, you're in this end of the woods, right?)

I almost got braces in my late 20's but chickened out. Let me know how bearable it is.

Elizabeth H. said...

Yep, I'm down near Olympia. It remains chilly some of the time, especially fairly early in the day and under them big trees!

Well, I've survived day three, which was my first day back at work. I haven't died of embarrassment yet.

Duffy Moon said...

Since it's apparently all the rage now in the typosphere to comment on the appearance of bloggers:
I'm mostly shocked at how young that person looks. Because I just sorta assumed that that LFP person was maybe old. Like me.

(word verif = "aphes", which is how you say "apes" when you just got braces.)

Mike Speegle said...

I know, right? LFP is slightly older than me but looks WAY younger. The desert is a harsh mistress.

Elizabeth H. said...

You guys... ;-) Flattery will get you...I dunno, a cup of coffee and a stack o' index cards next time you're in town?